Memorandum facing the final report of the independent investigation of the united nations on Burundi (Einub) made public, Tuesday, 20 September 2016
Republic of burundi
Organizations of civil society
Transmitted copy for information to:
– His Excellency the president of the republic of Burundi,
– His Excellency the president of the United Republic of Tanzania and
President of the community of the Eastern Africa,
– His Excellency the president of the republic of Kenya,
– His Excellency the facilitator in the inter-Burundi dialogue in Arusha,
With the assurances of our highest consideration;
– His Excellency the right honourable Mr President of the National Assembly of Burundi,
– His Excellency the right honourable Mr President of the Senate of Burundi,
– His Excellency Mr first vice president of the republic of burundi;
– His Excellency Mr the second vice president of the republic of burundi;
With the assurances of our highest consideration
HAS HIS EXCELLENCY MR THE SECRETARY-General of the united nations
To New York
Subject: Memorandum facing the final report of the independent investigation of the united nations on Burundi (Einub) made public, Tuesday, 20 September 2016
Excellency Sir The Secretary-General,
1. Organizations of civil society of Burundi, signatories of this memorandum would like to express their outrage and their rejection of the final report of the independent investigation of the united nations on Burundi (Einub) made public on Tuesday 20 September 2016.
2. The Mission of independent experts of the united nations on Burundi (Unib) was established by the council of the rights of man by resolution a / HRC / Res / S-24/1 of 17 December 2015 And had the mission of doing trade with all stakeholders don’t civil society of Burundi To Enquire About the real situation in burundi.
3. Organizations of civil society of Burundi, signatories of this memorandum would you mean that they have never been invited by these experts in order to engage in dialogue on some useful data to their work.
4. This report claims to have investigated the violation of the rights of man since 15 April 2015 until 30 June 2016. We would like to announce that this report has omitted all the atrocities committed by The violent demonstrators who turned into coup then into terrorists, who have wiped out entire families, and who have turned into victims while they were the authors.
5. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum indignant – once again in front of a pure and simple manipulation which object this report because the latter is just a copy-Paste of pseudo-reports already put in broad daylight by the national and international organizations Who have long since demonstrated a destructive spirit of burundi peaceful.
6. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum are very surprised to see that this report mentions of enforced disappearances, torture, targeted assassinations facts against the anti 3th mandate so that it is not the case. On the contrary, it is those who were against these protesters who have been targeted. Since the imbonerakure leonidas lvemp burned alive to nyakabiga by the violent demonstrators against the 3th term, passing through sungura gabin who was burned by those same protesters before him to hide the heart, until Jacqueline Hakizimana, tutsi imbonerakure musaga , who has been raped, strangled by the sharp objects in his gender, cut off the tongue, mutilated the gender before being completed by shots of bullets.
7. In addition to these illustrative case, we have a lot of other cases of targeted assassinations and attacks that have been made against all those who did not support these violent demonstrations. Between other lt general adolphe nshimirimana, LT Colonel Darius Ikurakure, the col Elie General Kararuza, the attack against the head of state major general of the army and other senior officers and other great dignitaries of this country.
8. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum would then show their disagreement towards the words divisionists contained in this report, because they have no other objective that divide the Burundian people united in its diversity ethnic, religious and moral even.
9. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum announce to the world that the allegations of genocide that weave are of a nature to rekindle the wounds of the victims and their families who have lost their loved ones, since independence, especially in 1972 and 1993 And these words want to revise the burundi plunged into a chaos of civil war. We are witnessing, they don’t there’s no genocide in preparation or in progress. These are pure montages.
10. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum recall their arrests which demonstrated the manipulations in the great day of some politicians from the opposition radical and some actors of the burundian civil society which resulted in the violent demonstrations in an abortive coup.
11. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum would like to remind you that they have denounced in front of the international community all attempts of destabilization of institutions constitutionally put in place, including:
– the famous manipulation of distribution of firearms and bladed weapons to young people affiliated with the cndd-fdd party in some municipalities in the provinces of bururi and makamba;
– the famous genocide announced in early 2014 by mr léonce ngendakumana and his accomplices;
– the port jackets long sleeves by people up here not yet identified;
– the latrine dug to kirundo parish kanyinya but announced by these actors of civil society, some media and politicians of the opposition as radical as mass graves prepared to throw the bodies of tutsis during the genocide.
12. with regard to these manipulations non exhaustive mentioned above, the organizations signatories to this memorandum deplore the lack of the consideration of the truth about the real situation of the country.
13. We citerions illustrative the cable confidential mentioned by the unob and which has been operated by several personalities from the world while he was just a worse lie if we stick to the revelations of the populations of these municipalities quoted during Raids organized by the Senate of Burundi.
In addition, the various reports of the experts of the united nations have always revealed, and that after the failure in the 2010 elections, that Mr Alexis Sinduhije, chairman of the party msd and currently regarded as the most influential politician of the opposition, participated To the organization and to the creation of the rebel movements to attack the burundi from neighbouring countries whose Congo.
14. This report said that the experts have carried out missions in the outside of the Burundi and our organizations realize that they went to meet all those who are destabilizing the Burundi whose put-schists and Alexis Sinduhije who fled the country after the failure of the coup d ‘ State of 13 may 2015, the heads of the rebel groups who attacked the Burundi since 2005 and who dream always put the Burundi in the blood and in the fire without getting there thanks to the valour of Burundian forces Of the order and security and all their supporters in order to load the Burundian authorities elected by the people.
15. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum see a contrast between the unfounded accusations of this report in the face of the forces of order and security, because, these forces have already demonstrated their ability to secure the nations, the Burundian and foreign. It may be so that their demonization has no other objective that tarnish their image in order to wipe them on the list of forces that have to go to secure the country still in war.
16. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum are witnessing a slanderous statement and revolting of the high commissioner of the united nations human rights mr zeid ra’D Al Hussein who has wrongly described as the “Militia” young people of the cndd-fdd party , calling by this appellation the anti 3th principal to murder them because being, according to this designation, animals to slaughter. This is how this report involves them in all the acts of violence. Nothing can then amaze us of this machination and untruthful, which is purely subjective, falling we-said unverifiable. Our Ngos found then with bitterness that the innocent imbonerakure burned and slaughtered by the violent demonstrators are victims of this designation from the nations high commissioner for human rights at the United Nations.
17. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum feel very worried because this report has deliberately omitted the offenses made by the violent demonstrators against the police officers and military actions against the innocent people who did not support these violent protests, against their victims whose families Children were recruited in this terrorist movement, which today wander in the camps of Mahama, in drills of Rwanda, preparing to attack again Burundi.
18. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum condemn this report because it ignores the involvement of Rwanda in the destabilization of Burundi, while other reports experts from the United Nations and other international agencies have shown that Rwanda, in connivance with the Coup have enlisted sowed fear in the hearts of some Burundians forcing them to flee the Burundi, for finally enlist young people including the miners in the rebellion. This report makes fi downright attacks from July 2015 to kabarore kayanza province by elements disrupted Rwandans from Rwanda.
19. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum are very surprised to find in this report places of detention, torture and extra-judicial execution, which places are public places like bar-restaurant and or places for the national activities, Which are frequented by all classes of Burundians, in their difference ethnic, religious and cultural. What doesn’t so hear that such places frequented morning noon and night can be places of imprisonment and torture.
20. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum are very fond of mistrust evident in this report do not dare to speak thousands of weapons and several weapons caches discovered by the forces of order and National Security, which weapons have won A lot of lives of innocent people, including the imbonerakure, the police and military. These weapons and their caches belonged to the protesters terrorists as those who have been hunted down the have themselves admitted. These organizations are wondering then why this omission voluntary and always find a blanket manifesto of these experts in favour of these critics of the power of the people.
21. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum fail to understand why this report does not mention the testimonials of some protesters who repented and who revealed to the public on the radio and Television, those who gave them the injunctions to destabilize the Burundi And where they could find the financial and material.
22. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum note so that do not include in this report their testimonies is a deliberate omission to hide the truth for effectively to achieve their goals of dirty Burundi and the elected representatives of the people of Burundi.
23. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum have continued to inform the international community of these manipulations, of these lies that this coalition (radical opposition, some national and international actors of civil society and some national and international media orchestration for actually happen To impose in burundi intervention forces.
24. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum are very surprised to see that this report wants to protect some of the leaders in the Burundian civil society who have involved in war crimes and crimes against humanity and who have called the young people whose minors Do violent demonstrations and terrorists. We citerions between other people: Pacific Nininahazwe of focode, vital nshimirimana of forsc, Pierre Claver Mbonimpa of the aprodh, armel niyongere of Acat-Burundi, Justine Nkurunziza of the cosome and other coup. So this report wants to impose on the Burundian justice lift the international warrants issued against these people demonstrating bel and although these experts want to sabotage the independence of the judiciary Burundi.
25. We take this opportunity to denounce the financing of this coalition (radical opposition, some actors of civil society and some of the media) who has only served to the preparation and implementation of violent demonstrations, which demonstrations have In a coup d ‘ état had an abortion.
26. If these experts were inspired by a spirit objective and impartial, they should do investigations to determine the origin of the financial resources and materials that the demonstrators and the coup have used and their goals. Seen that this report didn’t mention anything like testimonies is a pure editing and a pure and simple manipulation of these experts who seek to divide the Burundian. Reason why their report is falsity.
27. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum have always demonstrated by connections and through the meetings with the high international personalities that these politicians and leaders of these organizations of civil society burundaise didn’t want the elections but were rather by wind and tide The replongement of Burundi in an undemocratic chaos that is the transition. This is so that this report comes back on a dispute already emptied by the constitutional court of Burundi and the court of justice of the East African community based in Arusha, Tanzania, which course have shown that his excellency pierre nkurunziza had the right to To present the 2015. Presidential
28. of the time when the whole world has allied to combat the moment, of the Nazi where the international community unites itself to fight against terrorist groups, organizations signatories to this memorandum wonder why this report seems to bless the demonstrators terrorists, As if they were innocent and victims, so that they were armed and that they have committed terrorist acts ignoble, endeuillant families and leaving several orphans. Why so this report shows its support for these terrorists? Is it that the united nations would implicitly terrorism? Why does the United Nations does not condemn so Belgium, France and the usa when they torture and kill terrorists? Certainly that the United Nations had to pull themselves together and support the Burundi in its fight against terrorism in Burundi and in other countries.
29. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum announce to his excellency the Secretary-General of the united nations that burundi knows no threat of genocide as the report states. Saw the implementation of the arusha agreement in all instances, national political and security, it is impossible to make a genocide in Burundi.
30. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum found that this report is truncated and is a pure manipulation in his point 155 for calling the United Nations to carried out the deployment force of the united nations police in accordance with chapter vii of the charter of the United Nations, What will be the non-respect of independence and sovereignty of the burundi national
31. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum are so very easily that this report has been prepared to force the power of the people of burundi to accept this un police and accept to sit together with the coup and terrorists, who were accused of war crimes Crimes and crimes against humanity.
32. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum are very shocked to see the recommendations according to which the government of Burundi must accept the arusha talks, in other words he must accept to negotiate with the coup and terrorists, which will be the violation of the rights Democratic of Burundians who presented themselves to the 2015 elections to put in place a legitimate government. This would therefore be bury democracy in Burundi and establish the transition in Burundi, what the organizations signatories to this memorandum can never admit because they would have betrayed all Burundians enamored of peace and sustainable development.
33. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum, ask the government of Burundi to never give in to these manoeuvres dilatatoires contained in this report and ask him to continue his work to develop the country and consolidate peace and democracy.
34. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum asking the government of Burundi to repatriate all burundians who fled their country due to rumors to get back in their home and continue to tackle the activities of human development and sustainable.
35. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum asking his excellency Mr President of the republic of Burundi to take all the necessary decisions in order to ensure the integrity and sovereignty of Burundi.
36. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum asking to politicians Burundians to accept the verdict of the ballot box expressed by the will of the people of Burundi and ask them to return to their native country to prepare the elections of 2020.
37. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum asking the facilitator in the inter-Burundian dialogue not to ceder pressures and western regional, contained in this report, but to remain a son of Africa, who fight the independence and integrity of the Africa like these heroes Africans: Prince Louis Rwagasore Patrice Lumumba, Nelson Mandela, Thomas Sankara, Kwame Nkrumam, Promoter of the United States of Africa, Muammar Gaddafi, Leopold Sedar Senghor
38. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum announce once again to his excellency the Secretary-General of the united nations that the people of Burundi will never accept a un force in Burundi, because the burundi lives a normal security situation and the population in its ethnic diversity , religious and cultural is united and decided to continue its intended communes in building peace and sustainable development. This is why, this population in its diversity complementary accomplishes together the activities of human development and sustainable through the community works every Saturday morning by building schools, health centers, hospitals, the stages of games, the roadblocks, the electric Roads, bridges,…. anyway peace is normal in Burundi and the organizations signatories to this memorandum you announce that it would be foolish to send the un forces in Burundi.
39. Organizations Signatories to this memorandum asking particularly to neighboring countries of Burundi, to the community of Africa from the east, to the icglr, to the African Union, the European Union, to the African development bank, to the World Bank, and to the international community in general to support the Burundian people who decided to live together in the total cohesion.
40. Finally, Excellency Mr The Secretary-General of the United Nations, organizations signatories to this memorandum thank all countries and / or organizations both national and international who always remained at the side of burundians and promise to remain at their disposal for any contribution to The knowledge of the truth about burundi and human development and sustainability of Burundi.
Done at Bujumbura, on 23 September 2016
Some pictures of the damage human and material causes by the demonstrators
Figure 1: a young imbonerakure burned alive by the manifestantsavec nyakabiga tires and the liesse demonstrators mounted on the armor of the coup on 13 may 2015
Figure 2: a policewoman, tortured and stabbed by a knife by the demonstrators
Figure 3: vehicles and houses for police officers, military personnel and members of the party in power cndd-fdd burned
Figure 4: police officers are targets of attacks and are injured and killed by the demonstrators armed with grenades, rifles and bladed weapons.
Figure 5: weapons and military effects seized by the police and the army burundaises belonging to the protesters putschists and terrorists.